Castellammare City Tour Citizen
Discover the secrets of this wonderful city in the center of the Neapolitan coast.
In a city tour, we will explore the main attractions of the city, its beauties from the sea to the hills, the history of the great names of Italian culture born in these lands, the churches and their artistic values impressed on canvas and in sculptures over time. This activity includes: two different routes, one city and one panoramic.
The city tour includes: a walk in the Villa Comunale and the Stabiese coast, a visit to the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and San Catello, a visit to the MUDISS Museo Diocesano Sorrentino Stabiese; visit to the Church of the Gesù, visit typical products shops.
Pompeii, the buried city
Completely buried by lapilli and volcanic ash from the terrible eruption of 79 AD, the city of Pompeii has remained immortalized over time.
From the beginning of the excavations, in the mid-eighteenth century, a quantity of artifacts and cultural treasures were found such as to provide an in-depth and detailed view of what life was like in the ancient world. The Amphitheater, the Temple of Jupiter, the House of the Faun, the House of the Menander, the House of the Vettii, the Villa of the Mysteries are the highlights to visit.
With the continuous work of archaeologists, who are still digging in this area, new discoveries increasingly enrich this unique site in the world.
This place still boasts millions of visitors from all over the world who appreciate the well-preserved ruins, the particular architecture of things and the artistic techniques already famous at the time.
Vesuvius, The great cone
It is the best known volcano in the world, dominating one of the most fascinating gulfs, that of Naples.
The route starts at an altitude of 1000 meters and then reaches an altitude of 1175 meters. We will go through some hairpin bends where the view is unique, but the wonder is to observe the previous lava flows of the previous eruptions from so close.
Along the climb, you can admire the ancient volcano, Mount Somma, separated from Vesuvius by the valley of the Giant.
You go through the crater enclosure until you reach la Capannuccia; then begins the descent.
THE HISTORICAL CENTER
9:30 am meeting at Sesto Continente Tours
9:45 am start of the tour
- municipal villa: sound box
- municipal villa: avenue of artists
- Porta San Catello
- via Sarnelli: ancient symbols, columns and architecture
- Visit: Co-Cathedral of S. Maria Assunta and S. Catello
- via Nuova
- Via de Turris: stop at the birthplace of Raffaele Viviani
- Stop: the pizza
- Piazza Orologio: historical notes
- The Maresca Biscuit Factory, Castellammare biscuit tasting
- Scala and Tatore: history
- via S.Caterina: the Church
-Church of the Holy Spirit
-Piazza Fontana Grande
- Porto Salvo Church: visit
- Street Food time: the cuzzetiello and water of the Madonna
13:00 end of the Tour
Drop off or if foreseen, continuation of the program
Pick up at the accommodation or agreed meeting point
• 9:00 am arrival in Pompeii, archaeological site
◦ Guided tour (2h) route established by the Institution: narration and stops by the Tourist Guide
Free Time 1 hour (unless otherwise agreed)
• 13:30 departure from Pompeii
• 14:00 Arrival at Vesuvius
◦ Guided tour of the Crater (1: 30h)
• Stop for tasting
• come back in
• 17:30 drop off at the accommodation